Magnolia Court, LLC
811 EAST GLORIA AWITCH ROAD, LAFAYETTE, LA 70507
MAILING ADDRESS: 4626 MOSS STREET
LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA 70507
LEASE AGREEMENT (Revised 2013)
CREDIT CARD _____________________
NAME & ADDRESS FIANCE (S)____________________________________
NAME AND ADDRESS OF FIANCE(S) _______________________________
TELEPHONE NO. ___________________CELL NO.____________________
HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS "LESSEE",
WHO AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
Lessor leases to Lessee Magnolia Court, LLC, at the location of 811 East Gloria Switch Road, Lafayette, Louisiana, 70507 under the following terms and conditions:
1. Lessor shall lease to Lessee Magnolia Court, LLC, for the date of ______________________.Lessee intends to use this facility for _________________________________________ from ________ on _____________ to 6 hours after my event has started for the sum of $____________. Included is the indoor, outdoor, gardens, gazebo, 6'tables, round tables, chairs and cleanup. I agree that at least 2 months prior to my event date I will let Adrienne Thibodeaux Tate know when my event is to begin. I understand that there are no exceptions to the times stated above.
2. Lessee accepts full responsibility for any damage that may occur. This includes any damage to the building as well as all of the outdoor area, decking, pergola, walkway, gardens and gazebo. A credit card shall be given to be used for this deposit. The credit card will not be processed unless lessee fails to a) pay the balance of the rental fee 90 days prior to the event, b) where items done in paragraph #7 and #10 are not properly done by the Lessee, c) when damage is sustained to the ballroom or outdoor decking, pergola, walkway, gardens or gazebo as a consequence of the action or inaction of lessee, persons servicing lessees event, or lessee’s guests. Any holdover of the ballroom beyond the stated time shall for a minimum one hour increment, at the rate of $200.00 per hour which shall be charged against the credit card given for this contract unless otherwise arranged with Lessor.
3. FOOD: Lessee shall be allowed to use the catering service of its choice. Lessee shall be responsible for the actions, food preparation, and liabilities of the said catering services. Lessee agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless lessor from any liability or claims of whatever nature arising out of or in connection with, but not limited to the negligence, errors, omissions, actions or inactions of said caterer. The ballroom kitchen is a “warming kitchen” only, and catering services shall not cook food in the ballroom kitchen. No grease frying or hot grease vats shall be allowed. No products which tend to cause lingering odor or potential spill damage to the floors or walls may be used. Specifically boiled crawfish, boiled crab and boiled shrimp are prohibited unless authority from Lessor is secured in writing.
4. BAR: Keg beer is permissible if refrigerator kegs are used. No iced down kegs or glass containers permitted. Lessor does not provide alcoholic beverages; however, Lessee shall be allowed to serve the same at its cost and expense. Lessee agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Lessor from any Liability or claims of whatever nature arising out of or in connections with serving or consumption of the said beverage. Lessee, it’s agents, servants, employees, or bartenders shall not serve guests and/or patrons alcohol when that person is under lawful age or when the person is intoxicated and his/her judgment is impaired as a consequence of alcoholic consumption. It will be the duty of Lessee to prevent any guest or patron to refrain from driving a motor vehicle if that person has become legally intoxicated by definition/standard of the State of Louisiana.
5. This is a private function. I will not hold Magnolia Court, LLC or Adrienne Thibodeaux Tate or William David Tate liable or responsible for any accidents to persons or property caused by my negligence, intentional acts, or other fault, arising out of my use of Magnolia Court, LLC and further agree to hold the same harmless and indemnify them as to any legal action that may ensue because of my fault.
6. Lessee must pay the balance of the rental 90 days prior to the event date. If the balance is not paid 90 days prior to the event date, Lessee authorizes Lessor to charge said balance against the above stated credit card This card will not be processed again unless needed as stated in paragraph #2 above. Lessee will not be given the key to the building on their event date unless a credit card and expiration date is given to be held for damage, etc. as stated in paragraph #2.
7. RETURN OF PREMISES: Lessee shall return the premises to Lessor with all items stated below done by the times stated above. Should Lessee fail to return the premises as stated, Lessee shall be charged a $100.00 minimum fee for cleaning which Lessee authorizes to be charged against the above stated credit card. Lessee shall be responsible for all damage caused to the premises as a consequence of its actions, inactions, and or negligence or the actions, inactions, or negligence of its guests, invitees, caterers, bartenders, servers, and servicers of the occasion and all damages may be assessed against Lessee’s credit card.
8. Lessee agrees a $30 fee will be charged for all NSF checks and credit card charge backs.
9. If Magnolia Court, LLC is available the day before their event Lessee will have the option to rent the building for $75.00, to start decorating only, if this is approved by Adrienne Thibodeaux Tate. Lessee will not find out if Magnolia Court, LLC is available until the Tuesday before their event.
10. Magnolia Court, LLC will be inspected for damage and to be sure the items listed above have been done when it is cleaned. Failure to comply with the rules of this contract and damage to any items in or to the building or outside area (including the gardens and gazebo) will result in a charge to the credit card provided for the amount due.
11. Lessee understands there are 150 chairs and 18 tables supplied for your event. If more are needed, Lessee agrees that it is their responsibility to rent more chairs and tables. Furthermore, Lessee agrees that all tables and chairs will be set up by Lessee.
12. Lessee agrees that the building may be shown to other clients as long as their event has not started.
13. Only the event scheduled on your contract can be held.
14. No teenage parties allowed unless approved by Adrienne Thibodeaux Tate with proof that the correct amount of security guards have been hired.
15. In the event of a cancellation, Lessee will not be refunded the deposit nor the balance unless Magnolia Court, LLC can reschedule your event date with another customer. In this case, Lessee agrees to the charge of $50 for this service, which will be taken out of their refund. If a credit card was used, 3 % (three percent) will be deducted from the refund. All cancellations must be made personally to Adrienne Thibodeaux Tate. Lessee: _______________________________________ Date: ___________________ Lessor:________________________________________ Date: ___________________
Lessee: ______________________________ Date: ___________________
Lessor:_______________________________ Date: ___________________